17 Responses to “Noccalula Falls First Descent”

1. Kathy Kendrick says:

Congrats guys!! Wish I could have seen this! I pass by several times a day, every day and somehow I missed this. Can’t wait to see the completed video on Dec. 24.

2. David Kelton says:

I was in the Etowah County Rescue Squad for 25 years as a diver. I have pulled many people from the water of this falls. (Not Alive). This was very dangerous with you not knowing the water below, although you guys did a good job and I am GLAD you survived.

• admin says:

Thanks for the comment Dave. While it looks like a gamble of chance, actually there were a lot of previous trips to the falls when the creek was barely flowing for scouting and the crew has ran dozens of rapids all over the world of similar size. Incredible the Earth has such beautiful features! Gadsden and all of Lookout Mountain is incredible.

3. Mark says:

i live in Gadsden and that was crazy…congrats

4. Mark says:

that was crazy. I live in Gadsden , never seen anything like that

5. reed sainsbury says:

This is awesome! These guys are cool! Wish I could have seen it live especially since I am walking distance from the falls.

6. Jeanne says:

When did this occur?

7. WISH I HAD BEEN THERE TO HAVE SEEN THIS IN PERSON ,THOUGH GOD KNOWS I AM NOT EVEN THAT CRAZY. LOL VERY COOL !

8. Jennifer says:

You guys are crazy! Glad you survived!

9. Karla Miller says:

To all my friends in Gadsden, AL: This is a most watch video!!!!!!!!!

10. Lou Cinda says:

OMG! I live less than a mile from Noccalula Falls and wish I could have seen this in person! UNBELIEVABLE!!! So glad you are all okay and lived to tell the tale!

Lou Cinda

PS. Did your mother’s know you were doing this?? Speaking as a mother of two boys….I would have choked them! lol

11. Jenny W says:

I have hiked around these fall for years and could never have imagined anyone going over them. All of you did a fantastic job getting the film and coming out in one piece!

12. Joy W says:

OMG! That was amazing, but oh my, scary to watch. Be careful out there. The filming and paddling was impressive!!!

13. April says:

You guys ROCK!!!!!!! I also live near the “Falls” and would have loved to have seen it live! Lots of guts!

14. I have watched this over and over again – I would have loved to have been there in person. 12 years ago – prior to having children – I would have been right there with you boys going over the edge… How amazing, crazy, brilliant, thrilling, awesome would that rush have been!!
    Congratulations – Can’t wait for the full video!